PRIVACY STATEMENT AND INFORMATION PERTAINING TO ARTICLE 13 OF THE GDPR
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The responsible controller for your Personal Data is the respective SWISS KRONO affiliate with which you have a business relationship or the SWISS KRONO company which is explicitly stated in a communication with you.
WHICH CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect and process in particular the following categories of Personal Data:
- Contact information, such as full name, work address, work telephone number, work mobile phone number, work fax number and work email address, mobile identification number and the IP address of your computer when you use our websites.
- Payment data, such as, e.g., data necessary for processing payments and for fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, security code numbers and other related billing information.
- Further business information necessarily processed in a contract or other contractual relationship with SWISS KRONO or voluntarily provided by you, such as orders placed, purchases, services and other business activities, product feedback and any other information you provide to us within the context of a business relationship or is derived therefrom.
- Information collected from publicly available sources, data bases and credit reference agencies.
- In as far as we are required by law, we collect information for compliance purposes, such as, e.g., information about legal disputes or other court proceedings that you or another person with whom you have a business relationship are involved in as well as information about interactions with you which may be relevant for antitrust purposes.
- Special categories of personal data: In connection with registering for an event or seminar and providing access to it, we may request information about your health in order to identify any disability or special dietary requirements of yours so that these can be taken into consideration. This information will only be used with your consent. If you do not provide us with any information about your disabilities or special dietary requirements, we will not be able to take any appropriate measures
FOR WHICH PURPOSES DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will process your Personal Data exclusively for the following purposes ("Permitted Purposes"):
- Initiating, performing and administering your contractual relationship (or the contractual relationship of your organisation) with an affiliate of the SWISS KRONO Group, e.g. by performing transactions and orders of products or services, processing payments, performing accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities, arranging shipments and deliveries, facilitating repairs and providing support services or providing you with other services or performances you may have ordered or requested.
- Maintaining and protecting the security of our products, services and websites or other systems, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal or illegal activities.
- General compliance purposes, in particular to ensure the compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and requirements, such as, e.g., compliance screenings or record-keeping obligations (e.g. based on competition law, export legislation, trade sanctions and embargo regulations or for the prevention of white-collar crime and money laundering). This may include the following measures: Comparing your contact or identity data against applicable sanctioned-party lists and to confirm your identity in case of a potential match, recording your cooperation with third parties which may be relevant for antitrust purposes, notices to or examination by competent supervisory, law enforcement or other competent authorities.
- Informing you, where permitted in accordance with applicable laws, within an existing business relationship about similar or related products or services of SWISS KRONO.
- Solving disputes, enforcing our contractual agreements and to establish, enforce or defend legal claims or
- Ensuring compliance with legal obligations, e.g. to keep sales records for tax purposes or to send notices and other disclosures as required by law.
In as far as you have expressly given us your consent, we may process your Personal Data also for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you through the communication channels you have agreed to in order to keep you up to date on the latest announcements, offers and other information about SWISS KRONO’s products, technologies and services (including marketing-related newsletters) as well as events and projects of SWISS KRONO;
- Administrating and performing customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analyses, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities or events or
- Profiling and automated processing: We are collecting information about your preferences on the basis of your activities when using our websites, products, downloadable content (e.g. when registering for the download of software, e-books, whitepapers), or other services we offer to you online. On the basis of this information (e.g. which contents are downloaded, clicked or viewed how often and for how long), we create a user profile to personalise and foster the quality of our communication and interaction with you (for example, by way of newsletter tracking or website analytics). The logic behind our profiling activities is to identify topics which may be useful or otherwise of interest for you and to inform you about such topics in a more customised way. The algorithms we use apply this logic and automatically deliver the suitable content or information to you.
Please note: Under Article 21, para. 2 of the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data for marketing purposes, including the profiling described above. Please refer to " YOUR RIGHTS" below for a detailed explanation of your rights and how you may exercise them.
We shall communicate with you (e.g. via email or telephone call) for marketing purposes only after you have explicitly opted in, in as far as required by law. At all times, you have the possibility to withdraw your consent if you do not want to receive further marketing-related information from us.
We will not use your Personal Data for taking any automated decisions affecting you or creating profiles in another manner than described above.
The legal bases for processing of your Personal Data are specified in GDPR, Article 6. Depending on which of the Permitted Purposes described above we process your Personal Data for, the processing is either necessary for the performance of a contract or other business agreement with SWISS KRONO or for compliance with our legal obligations or for purposes of legitimate interests pursued by SWISS KRONO or a third party, unless your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms prevail and contradict such processing. In addition, the processing may be based on your explicit consent where you have given that to us.
HOW WE GATHER AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Normally, we will collect your personal information directly from you as part of our interaction, e.g. when you visit our website, communicate with us about our products and services, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or participate in our customer surveys.
We do not receive personal data from third parties, unless these are absolutely necessary for the execution of the contractual relationship with us.
WHERE PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED
SWISS KRONO is a globally active group of companies. As part of our business activities, we may also need to forward your personal data to recipients in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“third countries”), where the data is not protected to the same extent by law as under the laws in your home country.
If it is necessary for us to do so, we will comply with applicable data protection requirements and take appropriate security measures to ensure that your personal data is protected and secure, in particular through the agreement of EU standard contractual clauses, which can be viewed here.
If you would like further information about these safety measures, you can contact us at any time using the details provided below.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We ensure our physical, electronic and procedural security measures comply with recognised technological and legal privacy requirements in order to protect your personal data.
These security measures include the introduction of specific technologies and processes, such as secure servers, firewalls and SSL encryption, which are designed to protect your privacy. We will always strictly adhere to the applicable laws and regulations governing the confidentiality and security of personal data.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may share your personal data as follows:
With our associated companies within the SWISS KRONO Group around the world, if and to the extent to which this is required and legally permissible for the “permitted purposes”. In such cases, the companies will use the personal data for the same purposes and under the same conditions as those defined in this privacy statement. For a list of companies associated with the SWISS KRONO Group along with their contact details, please contact us.
Furthermore, we may – for the purposes of processing personal data for the “permitted purposes” on our own behalf and solely on our own instructions – commission service providers (known as contract data processors) who are part of the SWISS KRONO Group or external providers based in Germany or abroad. SWISS KRONO retains control of your personal data and remains entirely responsible for it, taking the appropriate security measures required by applicable law to protect your personal data whenever such service providers are commissioned.
With courts, law enforcement agencies, regulators or lawyers if this is legally permissible and necessary for the performance of a legal obligation or the establishment, exercise or defence of claims,
With credit reference agencies and other companies in the context of making credit decisions to avoid cases of fraud and for the purposes of debt collection.
In all other cases, we will only disclose your personal data at your request or if you grant us permission in the event that we are required to do so under applicable law or regulations, or by any judicial or regulatory order, or if we suspect fraudulent activity or a criminal offence.
RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is required for the purposes of providing the services, products or information that you have requested, and for managing your business relationship with us.
If you have asked us not to contact you, we will retain this information until your request has been processed.
Furthermore, we are obliged to retain certain personal data for a certain period of time (in connection with business transactions, for example) under the applicable law.
Your personal data will be deleted immediately once it is no longer required for these purposes.
Subject to certain legal conditions, you may request access to your personal data or request that it be rectified, deleted or restricted in terms of how it is processed.
You may also object to your data being processed or even request that it be transferred.
More specifically, you are entitled to request a copy of the personal data we hold in your name. If, however, you make this request several times, we may ask for a reasonable fee.
Details of your privacy rights can be found in Articles 15 to 22 of the GDPR. As we are keen to ensure that your personal data is accurate and up to date, you may also ask us to correct or remove any information that you believe is incorrect.
If you have consented to your personal data being processed, you may still revoke your consent at any time with future effect, i.e. the revocation of consent has no bearing on the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent provided prior to this revocation.
In the event that consent is revoked, we may only process the personal data if there is another legal reason for doing so.
If you would like to assert one of the aforementioned rights, please send us a description of your affected personal data including your name, customer number (or other SWISS KRONO identification number) and your date of birth as proof of your identity using the contact details provided below.
We may require an additional proof of identity (in the form of a certified copy of your passport or national identity card) to protect your personal data from unauthorised access.
We will consider your request carefully and potentially even contact you to discuss how best to fulfil it.
If you have any concerns or complaints with regard to how we handle your personal data, please contact us using the details provided below to allow us to investigate the matter further.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe that we are not processing your personal data in accordance with applicable law, you are entitled to file a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in your country.
The relevant supervisory authority for us is as follows:
Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC)
Mr Adrian Lobsiger
3003 Bern, Switzerland
Telephone: +41 58 462 43 95
Fax: +41 58 462 99 96
OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
You essentially provide us with your personal data on a voluntary basis. Generally speaking, there will be no adverse consequences for you if you do not consent or provide any personal data.
There are, however, some cases in which SWISS KRONO cannot act without certain aspects of your personal data – for example, if this personal data is required to process your orders, allow you to access an online quote or newsletter, or perform a legally required compliance check.
In such cases, SWISS KRONO will regrettably not be able to comply with your request without the essential personal data.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
This privacy statement was last updated in May 2018.
We may amend or update the statement from time to time to reflect changes in the way we use your personal data or to reflect changes in the legal requirements.
We therefore recommend that you re-examine its contents every once in a while.
Changes to the privacy statement shall apply from the date on which they are published on our website.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments, or would like to assert your rights, please contact:
SWISS KRONO Tec AG
Phone: +41 (0)41 419 03 20